FAQs about seeking research projects
- How do I approach faculty about research opportunities?
- Where can I find information about clinical opportunities,
especially good for students aiming at health careers?
- If I select a concentration program that requires a research project, is it required that I do a full year of research, (both BIOL 1950 and BIOL 1960), or is one semester sufficient?
- How do I go about setting up a research project as a course? Do I have to use the procedure for University ISPs, or does Bio do it a different way?
- Where should I search for research opportunities in Biomedical Sciences, at Brown?
- When I do research via BIOL 1950/1960 (fall plus spring), does each semester count as a whole course toward my concentration, so that a full year's worth would provide two (2) courses (credits) towards my program?
- When I do research via BIOL 1950/1960, does each semester count as as whole course toward my concentration?
- I've been hearing a lot about UTRAs. How can I find out information about faculty whom I can approach regarding sponsoring me for a project?
- The word THESIS is scary. Where can I find more information on what this entails, and even allay my fears?
- How can I find out more about finding and approaching faculty about setting up research projects?
- Where can I find out about Biology summer research programs and internships AWAY from Brown?